Yokogawa CW10 Clamp-on Power Meter Single Phase
- AC/DC Power up to 600 kW, AC/DC Voltage max. 1000 V, AC/DC Current max. 600 A
- True RMS for AC
- Harmonics 1st to 25th order
- Power fluctuation using ACA Inrush and Peak hold functions
- Frequency, Resistance, Continuity, Diode check, Power factor
- Up to 9999 counts, approx. 37mm max. diameter of measurable conductor (the jaw opens approx. 45mm max.)
- CATIV 600V and CATIII 1000V compliant for safety
- Backlight on display turns on and white LED automatically illuminates front of jaw when clamping
- Non-contact Voltage Detection (Red LED lights up on detection)
- Easy Operation with Navigator key
- Low Pass Filter, Phase Detection, AC / DC Auto Sense
We are delighted to announce the addition of another quality test tool to our existing arsenal of quality products designed for the Instrument & Electrical Technician. This well designed and engineered instrument combines the basic functionality of standard clamp meters, digital multimeters & power/energy meters to efficiently & accurately diagnose electrical issues with one easy to use and easy to carry instrument.
Additional diagnostic capabilities include phase rotation, continuity check, diode test, inrush current and low pass filter with an explanation below:
Inrush current – when starting up equipment initial current which usually lasts up to 10 or 20 ms, can be up to 20 times higher than normal operating current. This can cause circuit breakers to trip and damage to electrical components. Measuring inrush current allows the technician to decide on the proper protective devices to install.
Phase Rotation – Allows the technician to verify before startup that 3 phase equipment (motors, cranes, pumps, etc.) are wired correctly. It’s very important when a technician makes wiring changes that the motors, cranes, etc. are wired with the proper phasing to prevent motors from running backwards, cranes going up when they should be going down, and other equipment malfunction.
Continuity Check – Enables the technician to quickly verify if a circuit is complete or continuous. The instrument considers a circuit continuous if the resistance is < ~ 30 ohms and indicates continuity with an audible buzzer.
Diode Test – A Diode is a component used in electronics to restrict current flow to only one direction – think of it as a one way valve. Should these components need to be tested, the CW has the capability.
Low Pass Filter – A built in circuit that offers easy passage to low-frequency signals and difficult passage to high-frequency signals. This feature improves measurement accuracy of low frequency signals when they are in the presence of unwanted higher frequency signals or noise.